Purchasing a Puppy from Bijou - What to expect
The more you know about my protocol the better you can plan
- Contact me via contact form (I will respond in less than 24 hours) or your welcome to call me at 607-321-8474
- Review my Puppy Contract - you may choose to discuss during your phone interview (click to open document)
- Phone interview - I will contact you within 24 yours. Goal - educational conversation,
Deposit and timelines:
- Email or text a completed contract with all paragraphs signed and dated - Leave puppy information blank
- Provide a deposit - I only accept three deposits per pregnancy.
- You will receive a receipt in email within 24 hours.
- A deposit will guarantee you a puppy within 6 months or hold the puppy you choose already on the ground
- Gestation - 63 days:
Puppies From Birth to 12 Weeks:
- Deciding Factors For Puppy Selection: Date deposit is received, gender, color you chose on your contract
- At any given time you may request pictures, videos or faceTiming with your puppy
- Puppies are dewormed at 2,4,6 and 8 weeks
- Puppies receive first shot at 6-7 weeks and their second shot at 8-9 weeks
- Puppy wellness exams are completed between 6-8 weeks by my local vetrinarian
- Puppies are microchipped prior to leaving Bijou
- Puppies leave between 9-12 weeks.
Picking up your new puppy and beyond:
- We will both have a completed copy of your initial Puppy Contract
- You will be provided with your puppy's health and vaccination history
- Microchip information will be documented for AKC Reunite registration
- Between 9- 14 months pups should be spayed or neutered - Soft palate evaluation is required at that time.
- Soft palate trim is a must if Surgeon recommends
- Notify Deb when spay or neuter is complete and provide soft palate evaluation results
- All food and puppy supplies are listed under supplies and are linked for your conveinince
Good communication with Deb will assure the best care and health of your puppy - I'm available 24/7 for the life of your dog and beyond